The list of detailed open positions at ELDA, whether permanent, temporary or internship, is available below.
Technical Engineer / Scientist (Project Manager) in Speech & Multimodal Technologies
Under the supervision of the CEO, the responsibilities of the Technical Engineer/Scientist include designing/specifying language resources, setting up production frameworks and platforms, carrying out quality control and assessment. He/she will be in charge of renovating the current language resources production workflows. This yields excellent opportunities for young, creative, and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively to the Language Engineering field. He/she will be in charge of conducting the activities related to language resources and Speech and Multimodal technologies. The task will mostly consist in managing language resources production projects and co-ordinating ELDA’s participation in R&D projects while being also hands-on whenever required by the development team.
- PhD in computer science, speech, audiovisual/multimodal technologies
- Experience and/or good knowledge in speech data collection, expertise in phonetics, transcription tools
- Experience in speech recognition, synthesis, speaker ID and the well-used packages (e.g. KALDI) and the tools to produce, collect and assess quality of resources and datasets
- Experience and/or good knowledge of the Language Technology area
- Experience with technology transfer projects, industrial projects, collaborative projects within the European Commission or other international frameworks
- Good knowledge of Linux and open source software
- Proficiency in Python
- Hands-on experience in Django is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in particular the ability to supervise members of a multidisciplinary team
- Dynamic and communicative, flexible to combine and work on different tasks
- Proficiency in French and English
- Citizenship of (or residency papers) a European Union country
Permanent position. See the details below on how to apply.
Chief Technical Officer (CTO) (m/f)
Under the supervision of the CEO, the responsibilities of the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) include planning and supervising technical development of tools, software components or applications for language resource production and management.
He/she will be in charge of managing the current language resources production workflows and co-ordinating ELDA’s participation in R&D projects while being also hands-on whenever required by the language resource production and management team. He/she will liaise with external partners at all phases of the projects (submission to calls for proposals, building and management of project teams) within the framework of international, publicly- or privately-funded projects.
This yields excellent opportunities for creative and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively to the Language Engineering field.
• PhD in Computer Science, Natural Language Processing, or equivalent
• Experience in Natural Language Processing (speech processing, data mining, machine translation, etc.)
• Familiarity with open source and free software
• Knowledge of a statically typed functional programming language (OCaml preferred) is a plus
• Good level in English, with strong writing and documentation skills in English
• Dynamic and communicative, flexible to work on different tasks in parallel
• Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Citizenship (or residency papers) of a European Union country
• Good level in Python, knowledge of Django would be a plus
• Proficiency in classic shell scripting in a Linux environment (POSIX tools, Bash, awk)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience (between 45-55K€).
Other benefits: complementary health insurance and meal vouchers
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits: complementary medical insurance; meal vouchers.
Applicants should email a cover letter addressing the points listed above together with a curriculum vitae to:
9, rue des Cordelières
Fax : 01 43 13 33 30
ELDA is acting as the distribution agency of the European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ELRA was established in February 1995, with the support of the European Commission, to promote the development and exploitation of Language Resources (LRs). Language Resources include all data necessary for language engineering, such as monolingual and multilingual lexica, text corpora, speech databases and terminology. The role of this non-profit membership Association is to promote the production of LRs, to collect and to validate them and, foremost, make them available to users. The association also gathers information on market needs and trends.
For further information about ELDA and ELRA, visit: