The list of detailed open positions at ELDA, whether permanent, temporary or internship, is available below.
Technical Engineer / Scientist (Project Manager) in Speech & Multimodal Technologies
Under the supervision of the CEO, the responsibilities of the Technical Engineer/Scientist include designing/specifying language resources, setting up production frameworks and platforms, carrying out quality control and assessment. He/she will be in charge of renovating the current language resources production workflows. This yields excellent opportunities for young, creative, and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively to the Language Engineering field. He/she will be in charge of conducting the activities related to language resources and Speech and Multimodal technologies. The task will mostly consist in managing language resources production projects and co-ordinating ELDA’s participation in R&D projects while being also hands-on whenever required by the development team.
- PhD in computer science, speech, audiovisual/multimodal technologies
- Experience and/or good knowledge in speech data collection, expertise in phonetics, transcription tools
- Experience in speech recognition, synthesis, speaker ID and the well-used packages (e.g. KALDI) and the tools to produce, collect and assess quality of resources and datasets
- Experience and/or good knowledge of the Language Technology area
- Experience with technology transfer projects, industrial projects, collaborative projects within the European Commission or other international frameworks
- Good knowledge of Linux and open source software
- Proficiency in Python
- Hands-on experience in Django is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in particular the ability to supervise members of a multidisciplinary team
- Dynamic and communicative, flexible to combine and work on different tasks
- Proficiency in French and English
- Citizenship of (or residency papers) a European Union country
Permanent position. See the details below on how to apply.
Project Manager Intellectual Property and Language Data (m/f)
Under the CEO’s supervision, the Project Manager Intellectual Property and Language Data will handle legal issues related to compilation, use and distribution of language datasets on a European and international scale. This yields excellent opportunities for young, creative, and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively to the Language Engineering field.
His main tasks will consist of:
- Drafting and negotiating distribution contracts for language datasets to be added to an online catalogue;
- Analysis of the legal status of language datasets;
- Implementing GDPR requirements in the processing of language data;
- Supervising data collection, particularly in the context of public Open Data;
- Implementing evaluation procedures for IPR clearance of digital data.
A successful candidate:
- Holds a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in IT Law, with good understanding of intellectual property and data protection;
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (or justifies equivalent experience) in Information Science, Knowledge Management or a similar domain;
- Speaks fluent English, with advanced writing and analytical skills;
- Is familiar with public licensing schemes (CC, GPL, etc.);
- Justifies experience in project management and/or participation in European or international projects;
- Is dynamic, communicative, flexible and willing to work on various tasks;
- Is capable of working independently as well as in a team;
- Is an EU citizen, or has a residence permit enabling him to work in France.
Gross annual salary: 30.000-36.000 EUR depending on experience.
Research and Development Engineer (m/f)
Under the supervision of the CEO, the responsibilities of the R&D Engineer include designing, developing, documenting, deploying and maintaining tools, software components or applications for Language Resource production and management.
He/she will be in charge of managing the current Language Resources production workflows and co-ordinating ELDA’s participation in R&D projects while being also hands-on whenever required by the language resource production and management team. He/she will liaise with external partners at all phases of the projects (submission to calls for proposals, building and management of project teams) within the framework of international, publicly- or privately-funded research and development projects.
This yields excellent opportunities for creative and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively to the Language Engineering field.
- PhD in Computer Science, Natural Language Processing, or equivalent
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (speech processing, data mining, machine translation, etc.)
- Proficiency in classic shell scripting in a Linux environment (POSIX tools, Bash, awk)
- Good level in Python
- Knowledge of a distributed version control system (Git, Mercurial)
- Knowledge of SQL and of RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Knowledge of XML and of standard APIs (DOM, SAX)
- Familiarity with open source and free software
- Knowledge of a statically typed functional programming language (OCaml preferred) is a plus
- Good level in French and English, with strong writing and documentation skills in both languages
- Dynamic and communicative, flexible to work on different tasks in parallel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Citizenship (or residency papers) of a European Union country
Permanent position. See the details below on how to apply.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits: complementary medical insurance; meal vouchers.
Applicants should email a cover letter addressing the points listed above together with a curriculum vitae to:
9, rue des Cordelières
Fax : 01 43 13 33 30
ELDA is acting as the distribution agency of the European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ELRA was established in February 1995, with the support of the European Commission, to promote the development and exploitation of Language Resources (LRs). Language Resources include all data necessary for language engineering, such as monolingual and multilingual lexica, text corpora, speech databases and terminology. The role of this non-profit membership Association is to promote the production of LRs, to collect and to validate them and, foremost, make them available to users. The association also gathers information on market needs and trends.
For further information about ELDA and ELRA, visit: